Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ch ch ch changes

Good morning. It's 7:25 AM and we've been up for almost two hours. Why? Because that's when Molly Ruth said so. For the past several days she has woken up (That doesn't sound grammatically correct but it is) at odd hours, anywhere from 3 in the morning to 5. I can usually rock her back to sleep, but this morning all efforts to soothe her back to sleep were futile. This has left me scratching my head and googling things like "night awakenings" and "baby sleep patterns" because I thought my perfect sleeper would, well, always be perfect. REALITY CHECK! Naive first time parent alert.

My conclusion is that she is reaching several milestones right now and her little brain seems to be in overdrive most of the time. She is teething, sitting up, rocking on all fours, and starting to work on forming consonant sounds. She's so inquisitive and alert that I think she has a hard time settling her mind and sleeping well. There's just too much to see and discover.


And because my little pookie is getting so much more interactive, I find myself exceedingly busy and challenged in the time management department. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that we are in the midst of moving. And apparently I didn't get the memo that watching an 8 month old and packing a house aren't really something you can do simultaneously. So here we are, 4 days before the big moving day, and one story of our house is packed. Holy moly. But, we'll get there, just like any other thing you leave til the last minute and somehow manage to get done. Kinda like all those college essays you wrote in the middle of the night right before they were due, only to rediscover them in an old folder years later to think "Wow. I wrote that? I'm pretty good!"


Wait, y'all don't save all of your old papers? Surely someone out there does. I think I have everything I have ever written, from the short story "My Pet Kitten" that I wrote in 2nd grade to the book report I wrote on "Where the Red Fern Grows" in 5th grade to the multitude of papers from both high school and college. I really enjoy (maybe a bit too much) going back and reading all of them and I often am impressed with myself. I guess I'm a bit of a narcissistic nerd.

But I digress. To sum up, everything is changing in our lives right now. Not only am I a new full time mom, but we're moving, Matt is transferring locations with his job (to the city where we're moving), Molly is changing/growing every minute of the day, and the seasons are changing. I suppose that really is the only thing that stays the same...the fact that everything changes. And let me tell you, I am so ready to embrace these changes and soak up every moment of life.

Bring.

It.

On!


1 comment:

  1. I know a certain Grandma Doe who is going to be so thrilled to have her sweet Mollycakes so close! And I for one am thrilled. Hoping next time we come to visit the area that we'll be able to meet up. That next time will probably be a long way off for us comparatively, since we'll have a little tot of our own in tow by that time! Love reading your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete